The 2-year MCA programme is designed with the aim to develop core competence in Computer Science and applications and to prepare the students to carry out software development work, as well as take up challenges in research specific to the software industry.
|No. of Seats||32|
Candidates having passed the following degrees from Sambalpur University or any equivalent examination from a UGC recognized University:
- B. Sc. (Hons.) in Computer Sc, Mathematics, Physics, Electronics, Statistics or Information Technology
- OR B. Sc (PASS) with 45% in aggregate having one of the following subjects as Core- Computer Sc, Mathematics, Physics, Electronics, Statistics or Information Technology and having Mathematics at +2 level
- OR BCA with 45% in aggregate having Mathematics at +2 level
- OR BCA with 45% in aggregate without having Mathematics at +2 level but Mathematics at BCA level. (However, candidates are required to complete the deficiency courses in Mathematics of +2 level during 1st semester of MCA along with other papers for promotion to the 2nd year failing which the candidate will forfeit the seat from MCA.)
- OR B.E., B.Tech in any discipline with 45% in aggregate
The selection for 50% of seats will be done on the basis of OJEE score / Equivalent rank and for rest 50% through its own entrance test, on the basis of career and written with 30% and 70% weightage respectively. Absence of a candidate in the written examination will disqualify him/her for admission. In case of a vacancy in any category, seats will be transferred to other categories. SUIIT does not participate in OJEE/JEE counselling and willing candidates are required to apply us directly.
|+3 (Honours)||(Marks secured in Honors Subject / Max marks in Honours subject) X 15|
|+3 (Pass)||(Agreegate Marks secured / Max marks ) X 12|
|(B.E./B.Tech etc.)||(Aggregate Marks secured / Max marks ) X 15|
N.B. In cases where no division, marks or percentage of marks have been awarded, the division shall be determined on the basis of proportionate marking from the grades awarded for the purpose of career marking.
|Course fee||Rs. 15,000 (per semester)|
|Development fee||Rs. 8,000 (per annum)|
|Cultural/Sports/Tech-Fest fee||Rs. 2,000 (per year)|
|Caution money (refundable)||Rs. 2,000 (one time)|
|Admission and other institutional fees||Rs. 10,000 (one time)|
|Total at the time of admission||Rs. 37,000.00|
|Total fee for the programme (2 Years)||Rs. 92,000.00|